Making friends is part of everyone’s social life and the kind of friends we choose has influence on our income, career and practically our entire life.Do you know you can easily tell where you’ll be going, what you’ll be doing, and what your income level will be five years from now?. If you want to know how, the answer is simple: by the friends you keep. The people you associate with have a major impact and influence on your personal success. You can tell where most people are going to end up in life simply based on who they hangout with. This means you have to critically look at the people you choose as friends and you can do that by answering the following questions:
- Do these friends share your values & principles? In general, each and everyone of us has some values, beliefs or principles guiding our lives. For instance stealing is against my values therefore i wouldn’t pick a friend who is into stealing. Make friends with people who share the same values as you, even though diversity is good in a way, like-minded friends will keep you from compromising all the time and also prevent negative influence.
- What is the direction of your friends in life? What are the goals of your friends or the people you want to befriend? Do they want to acquire a masters degree and end up working in a multinational organisation or set up their own businesses or even end up as house wives if they are women? When you have friends with common goals, you can easily work on your goals together and encourage each other in achieving them.
- Are they willing to bring out the best in you? Right friends will always encourage and motivate you in achieving your goals. They are always positive, uplifting and do all they can to bring out the best in you. They share your pain, offer a listening ear to your problems and a warm shoulder to cry upon. A true friend will celebrate every milestone, accomplishment and success story on your journey. They will be genuinely happy to see you succeed and be the first to say “congratulations!”
- What are they bringing on the table? Good friendship is a give-and-take affair. The right friends must be able to compliment you since we all have our strengths and weaknesses.For instance, if you are good at reading subjects and your friend is good at calculations then you both have to tap into each other’s strength.If your friends always want you to satisfy their needs without seeking to satisfy yours, you are in a wrong company.
- Do you share the same interest? Life is more fun and relaxing when you share the same interests as your friends. Can you imagine doing the activities you love with the people you love? You can enjoy walking on the beach, working out at the gym, watching your favourite sports etc. together since they are of interest to you both.
Building healthy friendships is an important part of your social life because your friends have a major impact on your life and the perception people have about you.You should make friends that have good qualities, who are positive and supportive.
i would like to know if this post has been helpful, let me hear from you. Thank you